Ethan Allen Staffing joins staffing companies across the country in celebrating National Staffing Employee Week, Sept. 10–16, established by the American Staffing Association to pay tribute to the millions of Americans who are employed by staffing firms every business day.
Businesses, according to ASA, tap staffing companies for quality talent in virtually all occupational sectors, from call center service representatives to skilled tradesmen to attorneys. ASA also reports that 79% of temporary and contract employees work full-time (35 hours or more per week), virtually the same as the rest of the work force.
For those who are seeking their first job, re-entering the work force, or looking for something new, temporary and contract employment offers many benefits:
- Jobs: The staffing industry matches millions of people to millions of jobs every day. Some 2.98 million temporary and contract employees work through U.S. staffing firms on an average business day.
- Flexibility: Employees can choose when, where, and how they want to work. Companies can get the skills they need to keep fully staffed during busy times.
- Bridge: Temporary and contract work provides a bridge to permanent employment. People can try out a prospective employer and showcase their skills for a permanent job.
- Choice: Many people choose temporary and contract work as a preferred employment option. They can select their work schedules and choose among a variety of diverse and challenging assignments.
- Training: The staffing industry provides free training for millions of temporary and contract employees to help meet today’s demand for skilled workers.
We honor the contributions of the stars of our nation’s workforce: America’s temporary and contract workers. We appreciate all of your hard work and contributions to the team at Ethan Allen Staffing!